New ideas, new business procedures or products, or new knowledge or creative processes are vital for business competitiveness, productivity and growth.
Companies need to develop and protect intellectual property as a mechanism for growth within their business.
Department staff works with Nebraska businesses and entrepreneurs to provide services to develop sound business growth models, link research connections with colleges and universities, obtain financing, improve processes, and network opportunities.
- Nebraska Major Industry Clusters
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program: Nebraska SBIR winners, SBIR technical assistance office in Nebraska, links to all federal SBIR participating agencies web site
- Small Business Assistance
- Manufacturing Assistance
- Invest Nebraska
- Venture Competitions
- University of Nebraska –Innovation Park
- University of Nebraska -Technology Park
- The Peter Kiewit Institute
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- UN-L Office of Research & Economic Development
- University of Nebraska Center for Biotechnology
- Scott Technology Center
- Creighton University & Medical Center