If it’s a business loan you need, or information about loan guarantee programs, check out the following information:
Business Loan & Loan Guarantee Programs
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) - Application Guidelines
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs
Microenterprise (5 or Fewer Employees) & Other Direct Loans
- Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA): Revolving Loan Fund (Counties of Washington, Sarpy and Douglas)
- Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP): Microenterprise Direct Loans
- Nebraska Enterprise Fund: Small/Micro Business Financing & Microenterprise Programs
- Community Development Resources, Inc.(CDR): Business Loans
- Northeast Nebraska Development District: Business Loans
- Southeast Nebraska Development District: Business Loans
Other Business Financing Programs & Information
- Nebraska Talent & Innovation Initiative
- Nebraska Progress Loan Fund - Loan Range $50K-$2M
- Invest Nebraska Angel Sidecar Fund - Seed capital - $50K-$500K in convertable debt or equity
- Asset Modernization Initiative - Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA)
- LB 840: Local Option Municipal Economic Development Act -- LB840 Guide
- Nebraska Energy Office: Loans for Energy Savings / Pollution Prevention
- Invest Nebraska
- Midlands Venture Forum
- Nebraska Angels, Inc.
- Nebraska Global - A private venture capital fund focusing on software ventures in Nebraska.
There are no grants for the general startup and operating costs of a for-profit business.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - searchable directory of all federal grants.
- Federal Grants.gov - find & apply for competitive federal grant opportunities.
- Grant writing tools for non-profit organizations
- Nebraska Foundations
- Nebraska Community Foundation
- State Trade and Export Program (STEP) - grants for Nebraska businesses that want to export products.
- Nebraska Environmental Trust
- Nebraska State Recycling Association - grants for recycling equipment.
- USDA - Rural Development grant programs
- USDA - Value-Added Agricultural Product Market Development Grants (VADG)